During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for making Homemade Ice Cream without an Ice Cream Maker. It was inspired by watching Mary's Nest video tutorial that is included at the end of this blog.
Conclusion: This ice cream was creamy and absolutely delicious! I don't think I will ever make it using an ice cream maker again. For one thing, my little mini Dash ice cream maker can only make 8 ounces of ice cream at a time. Then, you have to let it re-freeze before you can make a second batch. Mary's Nest's three-ingredient recipe made more than six times that amount with hardly any effort at all. I am so grateful and excited! Plus, licking the bowl afterward was so much fun! LOL!
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Step 1: Chill a metal mixing bowl in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. In my case, I refrigerated the metal bowl that goes with my stand mixer.
- Step 2: Using a stand mixer, whip up the heavy whipping cream until it reaches stiff peaks. This takes about 3 minutes or so.
- Step 3: Stir in the entire can of sweetened condensed milk. Mix for another minute or so using the stand mixer.
- Step 4: Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix for a few more seconds until that is incorporated.
- Step 5: Feel free to add chocolate chips or cocoa powder or other flavorings to suit your particular taste buds. I added in mint chocolate chips to two of my storage containers. The other four I kept straight vanilla ice cream. By the way, next time I add the mint chocolate chips, I am also going to stir in some unflavored cocoa powder to make it be more chocolate-infused. I actually stirred in some, after having a few bites as is, when eating this. It reminded me of eating a Dairy Queen Blizzard. Yum!
- Step 6: Store the ice cream in airtight, leak-proof containers. Freeze for a minimum of four hours before serving.
The recipe source and video will both open in a new window. The Easiest Way To Make Homemade Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker 65,627 views•Aug 10, 2019 by Mary's Nest
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.
Post a Comment