During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for a yummy any-flavored Yogurt Pie. It was inspired by a college house party I attended many years ago.
Please note that you can use absolutely any flavor of yogurt. The recipe makes three yogurt pies that you can stack in your freezer until a few hours or a day before you wish to partake in this decadent dessert. It literally takes 5 minutes to make, but looks and tastes like it took you hours.
- When ready to partake, simply thaw it in your refrigerator overnight
- Or thaw it on your countertop for about an hour
- Three graham cracker crust pie shells
- 16 ounces of full fat or low fat Cool Whip (or whipped topping)
- 4 small containers of any-flavor yogurt
Please note: To make an even richer dessert, buy three chocolate cookie pie shells, a carton of any flavor ice cream, and 16 ounces of full fat or low fat Cool Whip (or whipped topping).
Please also note: For example, you could buy chocolate chip ice cream. And then, drizzle Hershey's Chocolate Syrup or Hot Fudge Sauce over the top. Once again, once the Cool Whip and Ice Cream has had a chance to thaw, this will only take you a maximum of 10 minutes to make. Then, after freezing it overnight, you can serve it straight from your freezer whenever the time comes for you and your loved ones to partake.
- Step 1: Allow the Cool Whip (or whipped topping) time to thaw on the countertop so that it will be very easy to stir.
- Step 2: Lay out three graham cracker crust pie shells with the plastic lids removed.
- Step 3: In a large bowl, stir together an entire container of the now-thawed 16 ounces of Cool Whip (or whipped topping) and four containers of any flavor yogurt you desire. Stir this until they are fully mixed together. You could add a few drops of food coloring if you desire; however, that is entirely optional.
- Step 4: Evenly distribute this mixture into the three pie shells. Cover with the plastic lids.
- Step 5: Stack these in your freezer overnight to harden. They will stay fresh in your freezer for over three months.
- Step 6: When you are ready to partake in this yummy dessert, either thaw one or more of these pies in the refrigerator overnight or for about one hour on your countertop.
Please note: If desired, as you mix together the Cool Whip and yogurt flavor if your choice, you could also stir in some fresh or frozen fruit that would be compatible with the flavor yogurt you selected.
Please also note: For example, if you decide to make Strawberry Yogurt Pie, you could add in some sliced strawberries to the Cool Whip and yogurt mixture. Get creative and enjoy!
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.
Post a Comment