During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for Lettuce Soup. It was inspired by a couple of recipes I found on the internet.
Please note that this soup bowl easily holds a three-cup serving. The recipe itself makes enough for either:
- 3 servings of 3 cups each or
- 6 servings of 2 cups each or
- 9 servings of 1 cup each.
- 12 oz bag of lettuce (any kind)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chives
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 10 oz bag riced cauliflower
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp minced onion flakes
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Please note: The addition of chia seeds is optional. It helps thicken the soup; plus, chia seeds are super nourishing.
Please also note: You can substitute or add in any spices you desire. I tend to be sensitive to pepper and spicy foods; therefore, that dictates my ingredients choices.
- Step 1: In blender, place lettuce and 2 cups chicken broth. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Step 2: Pour that mixture into microwave steamer.
- Step 3: Add rest of ingredients.
- Step 4: Cover and microwave for 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Stir mixture.
- Step 6: Garnish serving with salt-free pine nuts. Enjoy!
Please note: You could alternatively use an immersion blender; however, when I tried it, I ended up splattering soup on my kitchen wall. Lol! Therefore, next time I make this recipe, I will blend those ingredients instead.
Please also note: Leftovers can be refrigerated for next-day use or frozen for future use.
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.