During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for a Grilled Swiss Cheese & Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich. It was inspired by being served a sandwich, long ago, with those ingredients at a delightful restaurant (no longer in business, I think) when attending the annual storytelling festival in Jonesborough, Tennessee. The main difference was they served the sandwich on toasted bread instead of a biscuit.
- A biscuit sliced in half, lengthwise.
- Avocado that is mashed-up
- Cheese of your choice such as Swiss cheese
- Condiment of choice such as Mayonnaise and/or Butter
- Step 1: Split a biscuit in half, lengthwise.
- Step 2: If desired, butter it and then add mayonnaise. I like to use mayonnaise made with olive oil.
- Step 3: Add a slice of Swiss Cheese.
- Step 4: Add sliced-up avocado or mashed avocado. I like to use Wholly Avocado minis bought at Walmart as it is made with just avocado and no other ingredients.
- Step 5: Top with another slice of Swiss Cheese. If desired, top this with the top half of the biscuit or enjoy it open-faced.
- Step 6: Eat and enjoy!
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.