During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for a Turkey Swiss Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich. I happen to love that combination of flavors. I did some experimenting with the bread that I used for the base.
Recipe for Sandwich toppings.
- Slice or slices of turkey
- Mashed-up avocado. I like Wholly Avocado Minis bought at Walmart.
- Cheese flavor of choice. I like Swiss Cheese.
- Condiment of choice. I like mayo made with Olive Oil.
Recipe for homemade flatbread (It's a half-recipe as I am only cooking for one.)
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima Whole Wheat Blend Mix
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
Please note: That tall container is known as a batter bullet. It is a fairly mess-free way to store and distribute pancake or cupcake batter. A link to the one I bought is listed below.
- Step 1: Toast or make your bread of choice. Just as an experiment, I tried to use my DASH Egg Bites Maker to create a piece of flatbread. It was NOT a successful attempt. I grilled it 10 minutes on one side and then flipped it over for another five minutes. I ended up finishing this off in the toaster. Next time, I will bake this in the oven if I use this particular recipe.
- Step 2: I spread this loaf with mayonnaise.
- Step 3: While the bread was nice and toasty, I added in my slice of Swiss cheese so that it would begin to melt a bit. I also added in the sliced turkey after warming it up a bit in the microwave.
- Step 4: Then I topped all of it with the mashed-up avocado.
- Step 5: It was a treat to my particular taste buds.
This is what I use to store my waffle batter:
I'm not sure it is the best out there; however, so far, it has worked for me very nicely.Tovolo Pancake Pen
This is the link to the Dash Egg Bite Maker I bought from Target:
This grill makes wonderful Egg Bites but is not so good to grill flat bread. After about 10 minutes on one side and five minutes on the other, I had to finish it off in the toaster.Dash Egg Bite Maker
Please note that they also sell this at other locations such as Amazon; however, they are currently $10 more expensive. The minitature silicone loaf mold did not come with the Egg Bite Maker. Here is the link to that:Wilton 6ct Silicone Mini Tart and Pie Molds
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.
Post a Comment