During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for making caramel sauce in the microwave. I found this yummy recipe on Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking site (linked below). It takes about three minutes or less to make, and it is truly yummy.
Recipe (FYI - This is a half recipe - feel free to double or triple amount)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Step 1: Load large measuring cup with butter, cream, and brown sugar. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Then microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Step 2: Add salt and vanilla. Whisk.
- Step 3: Taste to see if you need to add either more salt and/or more vanilla. (FYI - I felt no need to add anymore as the taste and texture was perfect for me.)
- Step 4: It is ready to dribble on ice cream or cake or whatever else you desire.
- Step 5: This should last 2 weeks in the refrigerator. To get it a bit more fluid after refrigeration, you can microwave for thirty seconds, stir, and then see if you are pleased with the results. If necessary, microwave it a few seconds more.
Gemma's recipe link will open in a new window. Microwave Salted Caramel Sauce by Gemma from Bigger Bolder Baking
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.