During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my simple meal for the day. From my stock of easy meals I bought back when the pandemic first began, I pulled out this boxed-kit for Fettuccine Alfredo. On a future, more-ambitious and -energetic day, I plan to try to make this from scratch. In the meantime, here is what I made. It was definitely not the most delicious meal I have ever eaten, but it sufficed on this particular day.
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- Dried pasta from box
- Powdered cheese from box
Please note: Since I don't keep milk on hand, I used extra water and powdered milk instead.
- Step 1: To a medium-size pot on the stove, add water, milk, butter, dried pasta from box, and powdered cheese from box.
- Step 2: Bring this mixture to a boil. Then, reduce heat to medium and stir continuously for 5 minutes or so until pasta is tender.
- Step 3: Remove the pot from the heat and allow it to rest for five minutes to allow the mixture to thicken.
- Step 4: Serve and enjoy! This makes two regular-sized servings or one very large serving.
- Step 5: This can also be made in the microwave. Here are the directions for both processes from the box.
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.