During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for a Baked Beans and Ground Beef Casserole. It was inspired by reading the recipe tutorial by Emily's Layer of Happiness site. The recipe source is linked near the end of this blog and will open in a new window.
- 2 cans Bush’s Original Baked Beans
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced in small pieces – cooked
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced in small pieces – cooked
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- Step 1: Preheat Oven to 325
- Step 2: Mix together ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and prepared mustard.
- Step 3: Open up two cans of Busch's Baked Beans and pour into large casserole dish.
- Step 4: Add the ketchup mixture to the baked beans in the casserole dish.
- Step 5: Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Chop it up as you cook it so that it is in very small pieces. Drain the beef and stir that into the baked beans mixture.
- Step 6: Chop onion and green bell pepper in very small pieces.
- Step 7: Cook onion and green bell pepper over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil for 4-5 minutes. Then, add that into the baked beans mixture.
- Step 8: Stir all ingredients until they are thoroughly combined.
- Step 9: Bake for 20 minutes. Stir the baked beans mixture. Then, continue baking this for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- Step 10: Remove from the oven and let it rest for five minutes before serving.
- Step 11: Serve and enjoy.
Recipe Source will open in a new window. Emily's Layers of Happiness site with a Southern Baked Beans recipe!
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.
Post a Comment