During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for Avocado, Cream Cheese, Swiss Cheese, and Turkey on Whole Wheat Bread. It was inspired by my continued experimentation with ways to utilize some homemade cream cheese. As for the cream cheese and homemade wheat bread, they both came from recipe tutorials created by Gemma of Bigger Bolder Baking.
- Whole Wheat bread slice
- Mashed-up Avocado
- 1 tablespoon of Cream Cheese
- Swiss Cheese slice
- Turkey Tenderloin
- Cooking oil spray to lightly grease flying pan
- Step 1: Spread mayo on both the top and bottom of a slice of wheat bread.
- Step 2: Spray a light coating of cooking spray on a frying pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Step 3: Cover one side of the bread with a slice of Swiss Cheese until the bottom slice of the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Then, remove this from the heat.
- Step 4: Mix together the mashed-up avocado and cream cheese together. Spread this on top of the melted slice of Swiss Cheese.
- Step 5: Top all of this with turkey tenderloin.
- Step 6: Eat and enjoy!
Recipe Sources plus my four former recipe blogs will all open in a new window.
- Homemade Whole Wheat Bread for Sandwiches (No Machine)
- How to Make Homemade Cream Cheese
- Taste-bud Journey: Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread with Yeast, Oats, and Seeds
- Taste-bud Journey: Homemade Cream Cheese made with White Vinegar
- Taste-bud Journey: Homemade Cream Cheese made with Lemon Juice
- Taste-bud Journey: Crockpot Turkey Tenderloins
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.
Post a Comment