During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for making Peach Cobbler with just 5 ingredients. It was inspired by memories of a delightful dessert made by my second-oldest niece. She generously shared her recipe with me.
Recipe for making 9"x13" peach cobbler [FYI - I made a reduced 7" round version of this.]
- Large 29 oz. can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup, undrained
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter sliced into 24 pieces
- Brown sugar to taste
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2: Spread peaches, with liquid, into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Step 3: Sprinkle liberal amounts of brown sugar and ground cinnamon, to taste, over the peaches.
- Step 4: Sprinkle entire cake mix evenly over the peaches.
- Step 5: Place butter slivers evenly over cake mix.
- Step 6: Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Step 7: Eat and enjoy! I like to eat mine with a serving of vanilla ice cream.
Here is my blog post for homemade vanilla ice cream that I ate along with a large helping of peach cobbler. So, good!
Taste-bud Journey: Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream using Dash Ice Cream Maker
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.