During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for Green Bean Casserole. This was a recipe that my mom used. I'm not sure her source; however, I suspect it was likely posted on the back of the container of French's Original Crispy Fried Onions.
FYI - The addition of using the Fried Green Beans Chips is a creative touch of my own. I thought it might be an interesting added flavor to this casserole dish and a good use of the chips I had made a little while back.
Conclusion: To my taste buds, I thought the additional onion-flavor crunch really was an asset to the overall taste-experience. I would definitely repeat this, should I have Fried Green Beans Chips on hand to utilize.
- 1 container of French's Original Crispy Fried Onions
- 1/2 cup of Fried Green Beans Chips [FYI - This is not from the original recipe. This is a little creative touch of my own and is optional in this recipe. A link to that recipe is included below.]
- 2 cans of French Style Green Beans
- 1 can of Cream of Celery Soup [FYI - Alternatively, you could use Cream of Mushroom Soup, instead.]
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, drain green beans.
- Step 2: In a sauce pan, mix together the soup, milk, onions, Worcestershire Sauce, and mustard. Heat thoroughly.
- Step 3: Arrange green beans in a shallow baking dish. Add about 2/3 cup of the fried onions. Then, pour sauce over green beans.
- Step 4: Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Top with remaining French fried onions (and optional French fried green beans chips) and bake five more minutes until the fried chips are golden brown and crispy.
- Step 6: Serve and enjoy!
My recipe blog on how to make Fried Green Beans Chips will open in a new window. Taste-bud Journey: Dehydrated Green Beans in Dehydrator vs Oven
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.