During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for making homemade Garden Rotini Alfredo with Yellow Squash instead of Fettucine Alfredo. It was inspired by memories of eating this at one of my favorite Italian restaurants, Olive Garden. I have had the recipe, for a few years. I think it might be one of those copycat recipes, but I can't be sure. In any case, I found this pasta dish to be really tasty. It was also fairly easy to make with the help of my FASTA PASTA.
- 1 pound fettuccini (or less. In my case, I finished off my box of Garden Rotini since I didn't have any fettuccini in my pantry.)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (or until creamy enough)
- Steamed Vegetables (optional)
- Step 1: Cook fettuccini according to package directions. In my case, I used my FASTA PASTA and microwaved the Garden Rotini and frozen Yellow Squash, filled with salted water, for 9 minutes.
- Step 2: In the meantime, in a large pot, melt butter. Then, add both cheeses. Stir continually until nearly melted. Pour in heavy whipping cream. Stir until smooth. Turn down heat when smooth until cooked pasta is ready to be added.
- Step 3: When pasta is thoroughly cooked, add the lid to the FASTA PASTA, and drain the container completely.
- Step 4: Then, add pasta (and any steamed veggies) to pot. Stir until pasta and veggies are completely covered with the cheese sauce.
- Step 5: Then, plate, serve, and enjoy!
Links will open up in a new window for my blog about using a boxed-kit version of Fettuccini Alfredo plus for my Amazon-purchase of a FASTA PASTA.
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.