During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for making Steamed Salmon & Asparagus. It was inspired by similar looking and tasting items I've eaten on cruise ships. This was my attempt at trying to replicate the taste-sensations.
Conclusion: Even though I am a non-drinker as I have unpleasant side-effects from alcohol in its raw form, I love the way seafood, chicken, and steak taste when cooked using a cooking wine. Since the alcohol is baked away, I never experience those negative side effects as a result. This was the first time I tried making this using Cooking Sherry. I thought the results were spectacular. I will definitely try this again.
- Frozen Pink Salmon
- About 1/4 cup or so of Cooking Sherry
- Old Bay Seasoning with less Sodium to taste
- Salt-Free DASH Garlic & Herb to taste
- Step 1: Place 1 to 4 frozen salmon in a microwave steamer. I used 2 as I wanted to have leftovers for the next day.
- Step 2: Top it with your vegetable of choice. I selected frozen asparagus.
- Step 3: Pour in 1/4 cup of Cooking Sherry.
- Step 4: Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of your herbs of choice. I selected Old Bay Seasoning and DASH Garlic and Herb. [FYI - I think I got a little too heavy-handed with the quantity of herbs I used. Next time, I will use a bit less.]
- Step 5: Place the lid on the steamer. Microwave for 12 minutes.
- Step 6: Plate and serve. Spoon a bit of extra cooking wine from the steamer over the salmon to add a bit more moisture and flavor.
In case you're interested, this is where I purchased the Microwave Steamer. It has been a time-saver for some of the recipes I have made. Sadly, I did notice that the price has gone up $6 since I purchased mine. So, it is possible you could get it cheaper elsewhere.Bene Casa microwave steamer, automatic draining steamer, microwave pasta cooker, microwave fish steamer, microwave rice cooker from Walmart.com
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.
Post a Comment