During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for Sweet & Sour Chicken by Innovasian [Frozen Meal Kit that I cooked on the stove]. This kit advertised that it was prepared with no MSG. That was one of the reasons I made this purchase.
This was one of many TV dinners I stocked up on during the pandemic. Little by little, I am determined to finally use them all up so they won't go to waste; however, I am determined that unless they are absolutely exceptional, I will mostly cook from scratch once they are gone.
There was enough chicken in this kit that I probably will get three meals out of it. It was tender and flavorful; however, the sauce was almost too sweet for my taste buds. I might buy this again in the future. I will likely limit the amount of sauce I spoon over the chicken the next time I eat this.
- Tempera Chicken (part of the kit)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce (part of the kit)
- Rice (optional but a great side item to enjoy with the meal)
Pan Fry Procedure described on the back of the box. Directions were also included where the chef could make this either in the microwave or the oven. I chose to cook this meal on the stove.
- Step 1: Place sauce pouch in a bowl of warm water to thaw.
- Step 2: Add 2 teaspoons of cooking oil to skillet or wok. Heat on medium for two minutes.
- Step 3: Cover and cook for six additional minutes with occasional stirring.
- Step 4: Open sauce pouch. Stir in sauce with tempera chicken. Heat for 2 additional minutes or until hot.
- Step 5: Serve and enjoy!
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.