During the pandemic, I am taking taste-bud journeys as I self-isolate rather than physical journeys. Here is my adapted recipe for making Cream of Mushroom & Chicken Soup. Combining chopped-up chicken or turkey with cream of mushroom soup is actually an idea that came from my late husband. Every Thanksgiving, he and his mother would use up some of the leftover turkey that way. To my taste buds, this taste combination is quite yummy! Back when he was alive, he and I would have this about once a month or so. It is incredibly easy to make; plus, it tastes homemade or like something you would be served in a restaurant. At least, that is my take on the topic.
- Large can of Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- Large can of chopped-up chicken
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of Xanthan gum or cornstarch to help thicken the mixture (optional)
- Step 1: Add the contents of a large can of chopped-up chicken plus juice into a large cooking pot. Use a masher to mash up the chicken.
- Step 2: Stir in the contents of a large can of Cream of Mushroom condensed soup.
- Step 3: If desired, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of either Xanthan Gum or Cornstarch to add a little xtra thickening to the soup mixture. Stir this until there are no lumps. Then, add this cup of milk into the cooking pot.
- Step 4: Stirring occasionally, bring this mixture to a boil. Then, lower the heat.
- Step 5: Allow the mixture to simmer for a minute or two before serving.
- Step 6: Eat and enjoy! It makes 2 very large servings or 3 to 4 regular-sized servings.
Cooking Sites that have inspired me:
Books written by Debbie Dunn:
Here is the Amazon Link to all anti-bullying curriculum books plus all children’s books written by Debbie Dunn (both paperback and Kindle). It will open up in a new window.